It’s no secret that I’ve had it a little tough personally in the past while, and although 2019 wasn’t all plain sailing, there are some key moments that played an important role in getting me where I am today which is, (spoiler alert) a healthy and happier medium.
To me, taking into account the positives in a year is crucial. Sometimes it’s not always easy to do, but it’s what reminds me of how far I have come and keeps me appreciative of what I have today.
So, here’s my roundup of 2019…
• I upgraded my blog to get a new domain and full control of the design to make it feel more like my space of the Internet.
• In March, I was finally put on the right dose of thyroid medication. If it wasn’t for this, I wouldn’t be as healthy as I am today. I am almost a year in good health and I couldn’t be more grateful ❤️
• I was able to get necessary dental work done after overcoming dental anxiety that creeped back in (this was a huge hurdle for me!)
• I overcame certain social anxieties that developed from health issues. I use to be quite social when I was younger so this was a really difficult one for me to accept. Now, I can enjoy the company of others without being in my own head too much. It took a lot of pushing myself out of the comfort zone that I had unknowingly made for myself and I couldn’t be prouder of myself for doing so.
• I returned to education! This was really important to me as progressing my education had been a goal of mine for the longest time.
• I worked at a festival for the first time in 4 years 😊
• I gained more confidence in myself and my abilities.
To some this might seem like a mountain, to others it might seem small, but for me they were all the first step towards a bigger plan.
I knew this year wasn’t going to be easy for me, I had A LOT of work to do on myself which is why I saw 2019 as a ‘Work In Progress’ year. I didn’t put pressure on myself to do anything, but I did challenge myself when it felt right to do so.
If you take anything from the post, please let it be that no matter what you go through, there is always a way through. Take it from a girl who once lost hope and never dreamed that she would be in the healthy place she is today.
Happy New Year. I wish you nothing but love, light and health for 2020 and the new decade ahead ❤️